Tucson Real Estate Tips on Packing for a Move to Tucson
When Moving to Tucson a substantial amount of money can be saved by packing your own household goods. To insure safety for your belongings, care should be undertaken to pack properly.
This simple list of easy steps might just make your Tucson Moving experience a little easier.
1. Use strong containers, in good condition, that can be sealed with strapping tape. These can be purchased locally from moving companies.
2. Keep in mind what the box will weigh after it is loaded. Forty to fifty pounds is considered the maximum.
3. Empty spaces in boxes should be filled with crumpled newspaper or bubble wrap to keep things from shifting in transit.
4. Books should be stacked on end and generally in smaller boxes than other things due to their weight.
5. Label each box after packing, first, so that the movers will know which room to put it in and second, to help you to prioritize which ones need to be opened first.
6. Remove all breakables from drawers before moving furniture.
7. Don’t pack valuables such as jewelry, collections, checks or savings books.
8. Packing takes longer than you expect so allow plenty of time. Pack items that aren’t frequently used first and unpack them last.
9. If you organize your packing for your Tucson Move and follow these simple steps you will save hours of time and frustration in the long run.